Hi beauties! I’ve had Urban Decay’s Quick Fix for a while now but I thought I’d give you a review because it has really been saving my skin (lol.) this winter. Quick Fix is basically a multi-purpose facial spray that you can use to hydrate and prime your skin and finish your makeup; amongst other things.
What It Says
“Created in an exclusive partnership with Skindinavia and inspired by the Korean water trend, this spray is even more hydrating than B6 Prep Spray. This energizing formula is versatile enough for every skin type, and it’s loaded with skin-nourishing ingredients like vitamin B3, Sepitonic™ M3, and coconut water. Treat your skin to intense moisture as you prep, prime, and balance your complexion.”
Urban Decay’s Quick Fix Hydra-charged Complexion Prep Priming Spray comes in a really pretty lime green soft-touch bottle. It is easy and comfortable to use. The nozzle sprays a really fine mist which means that you will get great coverage without unnecessary wastage.
The actual product smells amazing! It reminds me of salty air and juicy coconuts on an island getaway. It’s pleasant and not overpowering but if you don’t like the smell of coconuts or scented face products in general; then this one may not be for you.
How I Use It
I have been using Quick Fix in a few different ways.
- After skincare, before makeup. Doing this really invigorates and prepares the skin for anything you are going to be applying afterwards. It also helps to really push your moisturiser into the skin and allows primers and foundation to glide on really easily and flawlessly. This is by far the best way to use Quick Fix and it has definitely being life-changing to my makeup routine.
- On my wet makeup sponge or on my foundation brush to give a flawless application.
- After applying makeup. Quick Fix really helps in finishing off your makeup. It erases any powdery residue and blends everything into a clean polished look. It also helps set product that can eventually pool into fine lines and cake up.
- Whenever my makeup needs refreshing. You can use all the hydrating skincare and makeup you can find but the lack of humidity in the Highveld is harsh AF and your skin will begin to feel dry at some point. I love spraying Quick Fix over my makeup when it starts feeling dry. It really rejuvenates my skin and helps my makeup to last.
- At night, to prep my face for my skincare.
- When my skin feels tired or it needs a boost. Especially after I’ve had a busy week, haven’t slept too well or haven’t had as much water as I should have.
Why I Love It
The smell and packaging were a huge selling point but these mean nothing if the product doesn’t deliver. Urban Decay’s Quick Fix definitely delivers. It provides quick, invigorating and lightweight hydration that really makes my skin feel happy. It works perfectly in all the above circumstances I have mentioned and it rivals other “fixing” sprays on the market because it is charged with vitamins and stuff that’s good for your skin. Although this particular bottle was gifted to me, I will definitely be repurchasing when it’s finished. (Which will be soon!)
The Urban Decay Quick Fix Hydra-charged Complexion Prep Priming Spray costs ZAR450 and you can shop it online at Foschini For Beauty here or at the Eastgate or Menlyn Urban Decay Stores.
Until next time
Love and sparkles